Each year, the Canadian School of Peacebuilding (CSOP) invites peacebuilders of the world to gather in Winnipeg for a selection of 5-day courses in June.
CSOP is an institute of Canadian Mennonite University. These workshops are an opportunity to learn and explore a variety of approaches to peacebuilding, justice, reconciliation, conflict resolution, and development.
Courses are available to practitioners, professionals, activists, students, non-governmental organizations, and faith-based groups. Courses are offered from local, national, and international peacebuilders and their completion can count toward professional or personal development or for academic credit.
Registration is now open and early registration is recommended to guarantee a spot. A late fee of $50 will apply for registrations received after April 1, 2018.
Session I – June 11-15, 2018
- Peacebuilding Approaches to Violent Extremism
- Peace Skills – Dialogue as a Peacebuilding Process
- Financial Empowerment for Development and Peacebuilding
- Conflict and Development Issues in Indigenous Communities
- Justice and Peace: Ecumenical Horizons
Session II – June 18-22, 2018
- Who is My Neighbour? Ethics in a Bordered World
- Trauma, Peacebuilding, and Resilience – Level 1
- Arts-based Approaches to Social Change
Visit the CSOP website for more information and apply now!
Subscribe to their email list and receive their Peacebuilder’s Toolbox: 52 Online Resources for Peace Work.