The Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC) would like to recognize young global citizens in our province with a new award. The “Outstanding Take Action Project Award” is for students in Global Issues: Citizenship and Sustainability (40S) who have undertaken exceptional Take Action Projects. All students that complete Take Action Projects should be encouraged to apply.
The award includes a cash prize, certificate and public recognition at MCIC’s Annual General Meeting and your school’s award celebration night.
The application process is now open, deadline: May 23, 2017. See “Apply here” link below!
Criteria: Winners will be selected based on the criteria below. Students who are completing their Take Action Projects in the second/final term are eligible based on the same criteria, reasonably describing any aspects of the project that may not be completed by the application due date. Applicants must complete the online application which requires them to explain the following:
- Summary of project
Concept (eg: What was the main objective of your project? How did you carry it out?)
- Scope and range of project (eg: Who did/will the project reach? How many people were/will be involved or influenced?)
- Content (eg: How does the topic relate to the Areas of Inquiry? How did/will the project educate, inform, or raise awareness of an issue?)
- Personal benefit (eg: What did you learn from doing this project/about the issue/about your community?)
Details & Eligibility: Four (4) prizes of $250 will be awarded in June 2017. Individuals and groups may apply. One (1) monetary prize will be awarded per winning project; all winners will receive the “Outstanding Take Action Project Award” recognition and certificate.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- be enrolled in and successfully complete Global Issues: Citizenship and Sustainability (40S) in the 2016-2017 school year. Students enrolled in second term must be expected to successfully complete the course by their teacher.
- be graduating from a Manitoba school in June 2017 or returning to study at a Manitoba school in September 2017
- be a resident of Manitoba
- complete and submit an application found at TakeActionManitoba.org/take-action-award/
Please contact Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 987-6420 with any questions or comments.
Do you know an outstanding educator doing great work in their school or community to promote social justice, global issues or sustainability? We want to hear about them!
E-mail Grace at email@example.com to tell us why they deserve to be recognized, and we could present them with a Global Citizenship Award for Educators.